Zamboanga School Shooting Leaves Two Students Dead as Questions Grow Over Campus Security
A Grade 9 student identified as the suspected gunman and a Grade 10 student died in the attack. Police are now investigating how the firearm entered the school and what led to the shooting.

Philippines: A shooting inside Ateneo de Zamboanga University’s Junior High School campus on Tuesday left two students dead and sent fear through the school community.
One of those who died was the student believed to have carried out the attack. Authorities said he was in Grade 9. The second victim was a Grade 10 student.
Officials said the Grade 9 student opened fire inside the school before going to the fifth floor of a building. He later died after jumping from the building.
By the time authorities brought the situation under control, students had been evacuated and parents were being asked to come to the school to collect their children. Officials later confirmed that the remaining students had been accounted for and that there was no longer an active shooter on campus.

For families, however, the end of the immediate threat did little to ease the shock of what had happened inside a place where children were supposed to be safe.
In-person classes were suspended as police and emergency teams continued working at the school.
There was still some confusion over the number of people injured. Early reports gave different figures, with some saying two students had been hurt and others suggesting the number could be higher. Authorities had not released a final confirmed injury count at the time of reporting.
Much of the investigation is now centred on how a student was able to bring a high-powered firearm onto the campus.
Police are also trying to understand what led to the shooting.
No confirmed motive has been announced so far, and investigators are expected to speak with students, teachers, school officials and others who may be able to help explain what happened before the first shots were fired.
Questions also remain over the gun itself. Authorities are looking into who owned the firearm, how the student got access to it and how it was brought onto school grounds.
Those questions are likely to remain at the centre of the investigation in the coming days.
The shooting has left the school dealing not only with the loss of two young lives, but also with the difficult aftermath for students who were on campus when the violence unfolded.
Officials have urged people to be careful about what they share online. Photos, videos and rumours began circulating after the incident, prompting authorities to ask the public not to spread information that had not been verified.

That warning is especially important for the families involved, who are already facing an extremely painful situation.
The campus is now secure, but the larger questions are only beginning.
How did a student gain access to such a weapon? Could the attack have been prevented? And were there warning signs that were missed?
Police have not yet provided answers to those questions.
For now, investigators are continuing their work while students, parents and teachers come to terms with a school day that ended in tragedy.
More details are expected to be released as authorities confirm the facts surrounding the shooting.
New Jersey Times Is Your Source: The Latest In Politics, Entertainment, Business, Breaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, And Twitter To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Do Checkout Our Telegram Channel @Njtdotcom For Latest Updates.

Trained in war zones, raised in Newark, and seasoned in city hall, Jordan blends grit reporting with deep integrity. From floods to finance bills, they’re always first on scene and last to leave.






