Megan Thee Stallion Faces Sexual Harassment Lawsuit From Former Cameraman
Federal judge allows ex-employee Emilio Garcia’s claims of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation to proceed

New York, July 8 EST: Megan Thee Stallion is no stranger to courtrooms or controversy. But her latest legal headache isn’t about a record deal, a label dispute, or a shooting trial—it’s about a former cameraman who says working for her was more traumatic than tour-bus Wi-Fi.
A federal judge has just ruled that Emilio Garcia’s lawsuit—which accuses Megan of sexual harassment, body-shaming, and workplace retaliation—can move forward. The case, filed last year, isn’t just messy. It’s the kind of lawsuit that throws open the glittery tour-bus doors and asks: what really goes down when the cameras are off?
The Ibiza Incident: Allegedly, Not-So-Private Party
According to Garcia, things went south (and not in the tropical way) during a 2022 trip to Ibiza. He claims he was stuck in the front seat of an SUV while Megan and another woman got intimate in the back—leaving him trapped, shocked, and very much not a willing participant.
Garcia, who is gay, argues this wasn’t just uncomfortable—it was part of a larger pattern of behavior that singled him out and made his working conditions unbearable. His suit says Megan wouldn’t have done the same thing in front of a straight male employee. Whether that holds water in court is still up for debate, but Judge Gregory H. Woods has decided there’s enough to go on to keep the case alive.
Fat Jokes, Firing, and Fallout
Beyond Ibiza, Garcia paints a picture of life on Team Hot Girl as anything but empowering. The lawsuit claims Megan regularly fat-shamed him, calling him names like “fat bitch” and mocking what he ate on the road. Not exactly “Body-ody-ody”-positive.
He also alleges that after he raised concerns, the vibe changed fast: fewer hours, less pay, and eventually, no job at all. He says the retaliation was obvious and that he’s been effectively blackballed from the industry since being let go.
And then there’s the wage stuff—Garcia says he was misclassified as an independent contractor, which meant no overtime, no health insurance, no benefits. (Anyone who’s worked in music or film knows that’s not just a Megan thing—it’s an industry-wide headache that’s finally getting legal heat.)
Megan’s Team Says: “This Is a Joke”
Megan’s lawyers, led by celeb-favorite Alex Spiro, aren’t pulling punches. They’ve called Garcia’s claims “outlandish,” accused him of being a “con artist,” and say this whole lawsuit is just a money grab dressed up as a #MeToo moment.
Their take? This isn’t about sexual harassment. It’s a payroll beef being hyped for headlines.
But Judge Woods wasn’t buying the dismissal. He specifically noted that Garcia plausibly pleads a hostile work environment, especially based on sexual orientation discrimination. And those retaliation claims? Also greenlit. Meaning: this case is officially happening.
Why Fans (and the Industry) Should Care
Here’s the thing: Megan Thee Stallion isn’t just a rapper. She’s built a brand rooted in female empowerment, body positivity, and unapologetic self-love. She’s walked the walk—partnering with brands like Revlon and Nike, speaking out on mental health, and reshaping hip-hop’s image of what strength looks like.
So a lawsuit like this—especially one with claims of queer discrimination and verbal abuse—cuts directly against that narrative.
At the same time, this could be exactly what Megan’s team says it is: a former employee with an ax to grind and a strategic lawyer who knows a salacious lawsuit will grab headlines.
What’s clear is this: the entertainment industry is finally being forced to confront what it actually feels like to work behind the scenes. Whether you’re a stylist, a cameraman, or a tour driver, the conversation is shifting. Celebrity doesn’t buy immunity anymore. Just receipts.
Up Next: Depositions and Discovery
Now that dismissal’s off the table, the lawsuit moves into discovery. Expect emails, text chains, travel records—and maybe even some uncomfortable depositions from people in Megan’s orbit. Garcia’s attorney says 14 depositions are already in the books. If this doesn’t settle, we could be looking at a trial.
No matter how this shakes out, one thing’s for sure: fans are paying attention. And for an artist whose brand depends on authenticity, the courtroom could end up being just as crucial a stage as the Grammy spotlight.
New Jersey Times Is Your Source: The Latest In Politics, Entertainment, Business, Breaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, And Twitter To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Do Checkout Our Telegram Channel @Njtdotcom For Latest Updates.

A bi-coastal pop culture critic and former indie screenwriter, Gia covers Hollywood, streaming wars, and subculture shifts with razor wit and Gen Z intuition. If it’s going viral, she already knew about it.




