Advertisement
Entertainment

Dolly Parton Shares Health Update After Missing Dollywood Ride Opening

The country music icon says treatment is going well after dizziness and dehydration kept her from traveling.

Dolly Parton has given fans a reassuring update on her health after missing the grand opening of a new ride at Dollywood.

The 80-year-old country music star had been expected to attend the Aug. 14 opening of NightFlight Expedition, a new attraction at her theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Instead, she appeared in a recorded video from her home in Nashville.

Parton explained that her doctor had advised her not to make the trip because she was dealing with dehydration and occasional dizziness.

Dolly Parton

She told fans that these health issues were not entirely new and said she sometimes becomes dizzy when she is dehydrated. This time, her doctor decided it was better for her to stay home and avoid travelling.

Parton kept the message light, joking that her doctor had “clipped” her wings for the week. More importantly, she said things were going well with her treatment.

For fans who have been following her health in recent months, that was the key part of the update. Parton has had to pull back from some appearances while she recovers, but she made it clear that she is still working and remains closely involved in several upcoming projects.

Among them are the SongTeller Hotel, the Life of Many Colors Museum and her Broadway production, Dolly: A True Original Musical.

She also spoke warmly about NightFlight Expedition and said she hoped to see everyone again “down the road.”

The new attraction is an immersive indoor adventure coaster and one of the latest major additions to Dollywood, the Tennessee theme park Parton has been associated with since 1986. The ride is due to open to the public on Aug. 19.

Health Problems Have Already Changed Parton’s Plans

Parton’s absence from the Dollywood event comes after a difficult few months in which health concerns have forced her to change some major plans.

Dolly Parton

Earlier this year, she cancelled her previously postponed Las Vegas residency. At the time, Parton said she was responding well to medication and treatment, but admitted that she still had some healing to do before she could return to the stage.

She explained that some of the medication and treatment could leave her feeling light-headed, something she described in her own familiar way as feeling “swimmy-headed.”

That meant she was not yet ready for the physical demands of a full stage performance.

Parton has not publicly shared detailed information about the medical condition she is being treated for. She has spoken about health problems in the past, including kidney stones, but there is no confirmed link between those earlier issues and her current treatment.

What she has consistently said is that she is improving and following medical advice.

A Difficult Year Personally

Her health concerns have also come during an emotional period in her personal life. Parton lost her husband, Carl Dean, in 2025, after nearly six decades of marriage.

Dolly Parton

She has spoken openly about how difficult the months that followed were, particularly going through major dates and family occasions without him. Holidays, their wedding anniversary and the anniversary of his death were especially hard, she said.

Parton has also thanked fans for the messages and support they sent during that period, saying their concern meant a great deal to her.

Despite everything, she has continued to make public appearances when her health allows.

In June, Parton surprised fans by appearing at the opening of her themed truck stop in Cornersville, Tennessee, about a month after cancelling the Las Vegas residency.

Her sister, Stella Parton, has also offered reassuring words about Dolly’s condition, saying she was doing well and continuing to face difficult moments with the sense of humour the family is known for.

Still Working, Just Taking Things More Carefully

Missing the Dollywood opening does not appear to signal any major change in Parton’s long-term plans.

Dolly Parton

If anything, her latest message showed that she is still deeply involved in her work. The difference now is that she is being more careful about travel and public appearances while her recovery continues.

For a performer who has spent decades touring, recording and staying constantly busy, that adjustment may not come naturally. But for now, Parton appears willing to listen to her doctors and take things one step at a time.

And while fans may not see her at every event, her message was clear enough: she is still working, still recovering and, by her own account, doing well medically.


New Jersey Times Is Your Source: The Latest In PoliticsEntertainmentBusinessBreaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On FacebookInstagram, And Twitter To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Do Checkout Our Telegram Channel @Njtdotcom For Latest Updates.

A bi-coastal pop culture critic and former indie screenwriter, Gia covers Hollywood, streaming wars, and subculture shifts with razor wit and Gen Z intuition. If it’s going viral, she already knew about it.
+ posts

A bi-coastal pop culture critic and former indie screenwriter, Gia covers Hollywood, streaming wars, and subculture shifts with razor wit and Gen Z intuition. If it’s going viral, she already knew about it.

Related Articles

Back to top button